It is always an honor to receive an award. For writers on WordPress, this is especially great because not only is it excellent for motivation, but it means that readers are appreciating the topics we write on. Personally, that is a wonderful feeling. It’s great to feel appreciated. So thank you so much, to both of the terrific people who nominated me. The first was, Finding Beauty in Spite of Myself and the other was It Goes On. Thank you both!
To get started, here are the rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
The question/answer phase is one of the most exciting parts about these awards. It is a great way of getting to know your fellow bloggers. With that said…
Here are my answers to the questions from Finding Beauty in Spite of Myself:
1. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Fly. I would love to have the ability to fly anywhere, anytime, for free. Not only that, but I can only imagine how peaceful it must be and what a great sense of freedom it would bring.
2. Which three people, living or not, would you invite to dinner? Why? That’s a hard question. I may have to cheat on this one – sorry. For sure, it would be my Mom, Dad, sisters, brothers and my dearest lifelong friend. Why? Life is WAY to short and I want to cherish all the time with them that I can, while I have it. Also, Einstein. I would love to pick his brain and he would be quite entertaining at the dinner table.
3. Climbing? or Zip Lining? Zip lining. That is actually the next thing on my adventure list.
4. If money were no object, what would you do all day? Fly to each of the people’s homes I listed above for a surprise visit.
5. What has been your biggest challenge? Learning to have self-confidence.
6. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? 1800. I would love to go back to the ‘simple’ life, before cars were invented. A time when people valued life, their family and went about life at a much slower pace.
7. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would that be? Well, my Dad has been 39 for over 20 years now, but I think I would pick 30. I feel that is the age that a person truly becomes an adult.
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Fly an airplane.
9. When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time? This. I write on my blog or read the blogs of others.
10. What do you find beautiful? Your blog has made me look for the beautiful in every day. I cannot tell you how often I think about that and how much I’ve applied it. Thank you! My answer is love. True unconditional love for others. That to me is the most beautiful thing in the world.
Here are my answers to the questions from It Goes On:
1. Tea, coffee or? Coffee. Tea makes my throat hurt.
2. If you had the power to change the world, what would you change? Why? This is a Miss America question. Haha. I would take away greed. I believe that greed is the main cause to the majority of the problems we experience, both in America and abroad.
3. What is the one thing that you do each day without fail? Shower.
4. Finish this sentence ” There is beauty all around when …… “ love is in the air.
5. What is your favourite way to unwind? Go for a walk.
6. Tell us about your favourite time of time and why it is your favourite time. Star gazing on countless nights in the backyard when I was a kid. This is my favorite for various reasons, but one being that those nights were the most peaceful times of my life.
7. What movie did you love to watch as a child? Wizard of Oz. That was a family tradition every year.
8. If you were going to live on a deserted island, what three things could you not live without? Water. I’d have to find a way to purify the salt water. Sunscreen. I get burnt very easily. Sunglasses.
9. Share your favorite quote. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” ~ Helen Keller. Also, because it makes me laugh every time I read it – “On the other hand, you have different fingers.” ~ Steven Wright
10. If clothes ‘maketh the man’, what does what you are wearing right now say about you? That after this, I’m going to begin my workout.
Here are my 10 nominees. They are in no specific order, but they are all excellent. Also, there may be a couple on here that I have previously nominated. If that pertains to you, please take this as a double compliment.
The Quick, Not the Dead – Kind of cheated on this one. This blog has just over 200 followers, but I couldn’t pass it up.
Here are the 10 questions for my nominees:
1. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
2. Where is the most beautiful place you have ever been to?
3. If you could do one thing tomorrow that you have always dreamed of doing, what would it be?
4. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
5. What is your favorite pastime memory?
6. Who is the first person you go to, in your times of need?
7. What is one goal that you have not yet met, but are working to achieve?
8. What do you believe is the greatest flaw among people?
9. If you only had time to save one thing in your home, what would it be?
10. In your life, what brings you the most happiness?
For those I’ve nominated, please don’t feel pressured to pass this on. However, it certainly could brighten someone’s day if you choose to participate. Either way, thank you for your very inspiring and entertaining posts.
As Finding Beauty in Spite of Myself would say, I hope you find beauty in your day!