I woke up to a surprise the other day when I saw that Megan메간 had nominated me for The Liebster Blog Award. Megan is a terrific writer and a professional in the making. Therefore, I was very honored that she had nominated me for this award. Thank you, Megan!
For those of you like me who are new to this award, here’s a little about it. The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s a great way to motivate and show your appreciation to your favorite bloggers. As a matter of fact, “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. So, for us English speaking folk that translates to “The Favorite Blog Award”.
With this award there are some rules. They are as follows:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger has set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Nominate 11 people and link them in your post. (I’ve since read that you may only need to nominate 5, but I am still looking for “proof” of that. If I find it, I’ll post it here.)
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs! (Megan – if this wasn’t a rule, I would have nominated you for sure.)
In an effort to follow these rules, here we go:
11 Random Things About Me:
- My favorite place is Alaska.
- I’m a Momma’s girl.
- I’m a farm girl trying to make her way in the city.
- Elderly people hold a special place in my heart.
- I am an ex-arachnophobic who now has 8 tarantulas.
- As a kid, I had a pet cow named Moo Moo Cow.
- I love road trips.
- My favorite cuisine is Mexican.
- I love challenge – climbed Pike’s Peak (14,114 feet) once up and once down
- My husband and I met 7 years ago tomorrow, March 5th! (just realized that)
- I love to play piano, but rarely do. (something I need to work on)
Megan likes randomness, so she let her nominees off easy by not asking any questions.
Out of the many blogs I enjoy, here are my nominees:
- Crankycaregiver – This blogger has inspired me, made me laugh and has captured me with her posts.
- Sjogrensandmywife – Kurt is an excellent and admirable example for married couples on how to be a supportive and caring spouse, while dealing with some very challenging issues.
- Frankiedman – He writes some very fascinating posts about his life and has supported my posts since day one.
- Latebloomlisa – Lisa continually shows her bravery and courage as she shares her life experiences, hurdles and victories. She’s a great example for “never giving up”.
- Soheresus – This blog is full of “tell it like it is” parenting, marriage, special needs and life in general. I’ve read many excellent, comical and heart warming posts on here.
- Theawakenedmomma – I just recently began reading this blog, but already I’m enjoying the straight-forwardness of the posts based off real life and real emotions.
- Alifeunlimited – This blog immediately captured my interest as my son is autistic and I can relate to many of the posts here. They are very informative for anyone dealing with an autistic person.
- Iforgettoremember – Dawn absolutely fascinates me with her risky nature. When she wants to go somewhere, she goes. No waiting, no questions asked, she just goes. All the while living with a brain impairment.
- livingthehighlandlife -Charlotte is an amazing mother. She is always on the go with her children. She’s a great example to moms every where.
- Writersblock – She has written come inspiring posts and is another one of those who “tell it like it is”. She does so in a very clean, positive way.
- Pardenme – This is a brand new blogger, but I believe there are some great things to come.
For my nominees, I am going to follow in my Megan’s footsteps. I too enjoy creative randomness and therefore I have not written any questions for you to answer. Instead, if you wish to participate, please tell your fellow bloggers 11 things about yourself. Be creative and have fun!